I. Eligibility criteria:
Applicants who completed secondary school education and passed final exams are eligible to apply for admission (total duration of previous education of minimum 12 years).
Registration and application is done online:
Obligatory documents to be enclosed with the electronic application:
- CV in English with photograph;
- Birth certificate;
- Passport or ID card photocopy (for foreign citizens); proof of nationality (domovnica) for Croatian citizens;
- Motivation letter in English for applying to the Medical Studies in English Program in Split;
- Originals or certified copies of degree certificates i.e. secondary school diplomas and the final exam diploma (admitted candidates must provide originals or certified copies of diplomas on the enrollment day);
(Please note that candidates who completed their prior education abroad will be required to submit the decision on recognition of foreign qualification from Education and Teacher Training Agency to the to the University of Split School of Medicine (USSM) after the selection procedure
in case they are admitted for the purpose of being legally allowed to continue their education in the Republic of Croatia and to be officially enrolled at the USSM. More information on the AZOO website
– English text at the bottom of the page)
N.B.: application fee is non-refundable; bank costs must be paid by applicants; for payments from Croatia middle exchange rate of Croatian National Bank on the day of payment must be used);
Additional documents (not obligatory, but can bring advantage in the selection procedure):
- Proof of knowledge of English language (one of the following: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)) or other, unless prior education was in English language or English is the mother tongue;
- Proof of application fee payment in the amount of 200 EUR (counter value in HRK) – payment instructions will be sent after registration of the applicant to the e-mail address given in registration process.
- Recommendation letters;
- Transcript of records and proof of grade point average from completed university education (natural sciences college or university program with Biology, Chemistry or Physics as the major subject);
- Results of the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT);
- Results of the BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT);
III. Number of available places:
- Results of SAT Reasoning Test (Biology, Physics or Chemistry);
60 total – divided into two following categories:
30 students who will attend all 6 years of the Program at the USSM
and its collaborative teaching organizations in the Republic of Croatia. Applicants chosen in the preselection process will be invited for an interview. If the interview is not possible in person, on-line interviews with applicants will be organized.
30 students who will attend the first 3 years of the Program at the USSM and its collaborative teaching organizations in Republic of Croatia. Courses of the 4th
year of the Program will be organized at the USSM collaborative teaching organization REGIOMED- KLINIKEN in the Federal Republic of Germany in accordance to their possibilities.
Initial selection of these applicants is performed by REGIOMED-KLINIKEN in a separate call for admission.
Please note that REGIOMED-KLINIKEN may set an earlier deadline for receiving applications.
For all information regarding REGIOMED-KLINIKEN public call please visit:
: It is not possible to apply to both categories.
IV. Annual tuition fee:
12.000 EUR (counter value in HRK)
Tuition fee for the 1st
study year must be paid in full within one week from the date of receiving the formal letter of acceptance in the electronic format. Upon completion of the payment, the applicant is considered to be officially enrolled into the Program. All tuition fees are non-refundable. Duration of the Program is 6 years.
V. Deadline for application submission
: 20 June 2022
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
For more information, please contact:
Office for Medical Studies in English Program
Phone: +385 (0)21 557 924; +385 (0)21 557 824
Fax: +385 (0)21 557 895