University of Split School of Medicine does not collaborate with any agencies engaged in mediation for enrollment. Candidates who are using services of those agencies do not have any advantage in our selection process.
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
TO THE INTEGRATED UNDERGRADUATE AND GRADUATE
PROGRAM: MEDICAL STUDIES IN ENGLISH IN THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2019/2020
I. Application conditions:
Applicants who completed secondary school education and passed the final exam are eligible to apply (total duration of previous education of minimum 12 years).
II. Application requirements:
- Completed and signed application form (doc) (pdf)
- Proof of nationality (domovnica
) for Croatian citizens; passport or ID card photocopy (for foreign citizens);
- Birth certificate;
- Originals or certified copies of degree certificates i..e. secondary school diplomas and the final exam diploma (Candidates who have completed their prior education abroad are required to submit the decision on recognition of foreign qualification from Education and Teacher Training Agency to the University of Split School of Medicine (USSM) after the selection procedure
in case they are admitted for the purpose of being legally allowed to continue university education in the Republic of Croatia. More information on AZOO website
- Proof of knowledge of English language (one of the following: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)), unless prior education was in English language, or English is a mother tongue;
- CV with photography and a motivation letter for applying to the Medical Studies in English Program in Split;
- Proof of application fee payment in amount of 100 EUR (counter value in Kuna) paid to:
University of Split School of Medicine
bank: OTP banka d.d.
reference no. 02 400;
NB: application fee is non-refundable, bank costs must be paid by candidates; for payments from Croatia middle exchange rate of Croatian National Bank on the day of payment must be used;
Additional (not obligatory, but can bring advantage in the selection procedure):
- Results of the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) exam;
- Transcript of records and proof of grade point average from completed university education (natural sciences college or university program with Biology, Chemistry or Physics as the major subject);
- SAT Reasoning Test score (Biology, Physics and Chemistry);
- Recommendation letters.
III. Number of available places:
60 total – divided into two following categories:
30 students who will attend all 6 years of the Program at the USSM and its collaborative teaching organizations in the Republic of Croatia.
After the preselection, candidates will be invited to an interview. If the interview is not possible in person, skype interviews with candidates will be organized.
30 students who will attend the first 3 years of the Program at the USSM and its collaborative teaching organizations in Republic of Croatia. Courses of the 4th
year of the Program will be organized and taken at USSM collaborative teaching organization REGIOMED- KLINIKEN in the Federal Republic of Germany in accordance to their possibilities.
Initial selection of these candidates is performed by REGIOMED-KLINIKEN in a separate public call.
REGIOMED-KLINIKEN will sign an additional contract with the selected candidates determining their mutual rights and obligations. Please note that REGIOMED-KLINIKEN may set an earlier deadline for receiving applications.
For all information regarding REGIOMED-KLINIKEN public call please contact:
: It is not possible to apply to both categories; candidates are obligated to specify the chosen category on the application form.
IV. Annual tuition fee:
12.000 EUR (counter value in HRK)
Tuition fee for the 1st
study year must be paid in full within one week from the date of receiving the formal letter of acceptance in the electronic format. Upon completion of the payment, the candidate is considered to be officially enrolled into the Program. All tuition fees are non-refundable. Duration of the Program is 6 years.
V. Deadline for application submission
Applications must be sent at latest on 21st
June 2019 both
by post and by e-mail to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
When the USSM receives the documentation sent by post and e-mail, the USSM will send an e-mail of confirmation to the candidate. Candidate must confirm the receipt of this e-mail. The USSM will not take responsibility for undelivered or as spam recognized e-mails. If a candidate sends all documentation properly within the deadline and does not receive an e-mail of confirmation, they are obligated to contact the USSM to verify the receipt of documentation.
Incomplete or late applications and applications sent only by e-mail or only by post will not be considered.
Please send the documents to the USSM to the following address:
University of Split School of Medicine
Application for Medical Studies in English Program
For more information please contact:
Office for Medical Studies in English Program
Phone: +385 (0)21 557 924; +385 (0)21 557 824
Fax: +385 (0)21 557 895
Aplication form (doc) (pdf)
Public Call in English
Public Call in Croatian