UNIVERSITY OF SPLIT
University of Split School of Medicine didn´t conclude any cooperation with any agency which is engaged in mediation for enrollment.
Candidates, that are using services of those agencies, don´t have any advantage in our selection process.
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
TO THE INTEGRATED UNDERGRADUATE AND GRADUATE
PROGRAM: MEDICAL STUDIES IN ENGLISH IN THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2018/2019
I. Application conditions:
Persons with following levels of prior education may apply:
1) Completed university education (or its final year) and the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT);
2) Completed university education (or its final year; natural sciences college or university program with biology, chemistry or physics as the major subject);
3) Completed secondary education (or its final year, in the total duration of 12 years) and the SAT Reasoning Test or American College Testing;
4) Completed secondary education (in the total duration of 12 years) with the state graduation result;
5) Completed secondary education (or its final year) with none of the additional requirements listed 1-4.
The above conditions represent the priority criteria which will be used for selection of candidates.
II. Required application components:
- A completed APPLICATION FORM
- available here or at the University of Split School of medicine (hereinafter referred to as the USSM) administration office
- Certificate of nationality (for Croatian nationals) or a passport photocopy (for foreign nationals);
- Birth certificate;
- Originals or certified copies of degree certificates;
- Proof of knowledge of English language (one of the following: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)), unless prior education was in English language;
- CV with photography and a written statement of reasons for applying to the Medical Studies in English Program in Split;
- Proof of application fee payment in amount of 100 EUR (counter value in Kuna) paid to the University of Split School of Medicine, bank: Splitska banka d.d., IBAN: HR8523300031100071293, reference no. 02 400; SWIFT: SOGEHR22 (application fee is non-refundable, banking costs must be paid by candidates; for payments from Croatia middle exchange rate of Croatian National Bank on the day of payment must be used);
- Additional documentation verifying passed tests prior to enrollment:
- For candidates under 1) the result of the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) exams;
- For candidates under 2) certificate of passed exams (grade transcript) and proof of grade point average;
- For candidates under 3) SAT Reasoning Test score or American College Testing score;
- For candidates under 4) state graduation result.
*** Candidates who have completed their prior education abroad are required to submit the decision on recognition of foreign qualification before enrolment.
(information on: http://www.azoo.hr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2702&Itemid=92
III. Number of available places
: 60 which are divided into two following categories:
- Category 1
: 30 students attend all 6 years of the Program at USSM and its collaborative teaching organizations in Republic of Croatia.
*** After preselection candidates will be invited to interview. If the interview is not possible in person, skype interviews with candidates will be organized. ***
- Category 2
: 30 students attend first 3 years of the Program at USSM and its collaborative teaching organizations in Republic of Croatia. Courses of the 4th, 5th and 6th year of the Program will be organized and attended at USSM collaborative teaching organization in Federal Republic of Germany: REGIOMED KLINIKEN in accordance to their ability. Initial selection of these candidates is performed by REGIOMED KLINIKEN. REGIOMED KLINIKEN will sign additional contract with selected candidates determining their mutual relationships.
*** It is not possible to apply to both categories; candidates are obligated to specify the category on the application form***
IV. Annual tuition fee
: 9000 EUR (counter value in Kuna)
Length of program: 6 years. Tuition must be paid within one week from the date of receiving formal letter of acceptance in electronic format. By completion of the payment, candidate is considered to be officially enrolled into the Program. All tuition fees are non-refundable.
V. Deadline for application submission
: June 20th 2018
Applications must be sent at latest on June 20th 2018 by regular post and by e-mail to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
When USSM receives documentation sent by post and e-mail, USSM will send an e-mail of confirmation to the candidate. Candidate must reconfirm the receipt of this e-mail. USSM will not take responsibility for undelivered or as spam recognized e-mails. If the candidate sends all documentation properly within the deadline and don´t receive an e-mail of confirmation, candidate is obligated to contact USSM to check the receipt of documentation.
Incomplete, late sent applications and applications sent only by e-mail or only by post will not be considered.
Due to initial selection, REGIOMED KLINIKEN may set earlier deadline for receiving applications.
Category 1: Please send the documents to USSM at the following address
University of Split School of Medicine,
Application for Medical Studies in English Program
Šoltanska 2, 21000 Split
Category 2: Please send the documents to REGIOMED KLINIKEN at the following e-mail
For the attention of Mrs Isabell Fink
For more information:
Office for Medical Studies in English Program
Phone: +385 (0)21 557 924; +385 (0)21 557 824
Fax: +385 (0)21 557 895
Public Call - PDF file in English
Public Call - PDF file in Croatian
Aplication form (pdf